Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Awesome Chocolate Chip Cookies


Everyone at my house loves chocolate chip cookies and to me, handmade chocolate chip cookies are the best. I got this recipe from one of my favorite food blogs: Smitten Kitchen. The recipe was named: Crispy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies; needless to say I was already excited.

Recipe: 
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg white
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease cookie sheets or use Aluminum Foil with Cooking Spray. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt and then sift.  In another bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Mix the vanilla, egg, and egg white with the butter/sugar mixture until creamy. Add in the sifted flour mixture slowly until combined. Next, stir in the chocolate chips gently with a spoon. Spoon out cookies about 1 inch in diameter. Bake 13 to 15; this may vary depending on the size of the cookies. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet or slide the Aluminum Foil with cookies off onto the counter top for 5 minutes and then move them to a cooling rack. 


1 inch round balls of dough....


Makes a beautiful right sized cookie!! 






Source: http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/03/crispy-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Not sure if I would have called these cookies chewy or crispy. They were definitely awesome and definitely gone quick!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I could ever say enough good things about Chocolate Chip Cookies. But I'll try. I had to physically wrestle my 4y/o for the last cookie,...he won. The only problem, was that Katie made them to take over to her sister Bobbi's house for dinner, so I had to share them & couldn't keep them all to myself. Sad day for me, but a Joyous day for Bobbi's Husband. (I think he liked them as much as I did)

    ReplyDelete