Friday, June 17, 2011

My Gardens

I have three different gardens in my yard. I live in the city, I have a small yard. So, I believe that I have done the best with what I have to work with. The image below is my triangle garden. In this patch, I have my greens planted, spinach, romaine and chard. I always try to plant something that I have grown before, Swiss Chard was was it this year. 

Next, my herb garden on the hill. A tiered garden fixed-up by my wonderful and obedient husband. He is awesome. Any how, I have some onions planted, mint, oregano, parsley, rosemary, rhubarb, chives and some hot banana peppers.   I like this area lots, it just needs some more work, to make it more tidy....


Oh, this is my biggest raised bed garden, my vegetable garden. We love some salsa at my house!! Here I have some tomatoes, which are the bulk of my garden, sweet pepper plants,  some cabbage, romaine, onions and at the end are some sugar snap peas (they have been currently replaced with green bush beans). You can see my herb garden in the distance.

So, I guess now that I have shared my garden I will need to submit some new pics soon, to show you my progress. I will provide with with some good ideas naturally to keep the bugs away. Basil, I have it planted in between many of tomato plants and marigolds at the ends of my garden. The cut worms destroyed my sweet pepper plants last year. I really hope that I can keep them away this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment