Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Gingerbread snap cookies

These cookies are a hidden treasure in your grocery isle!! I like ginger snap cookies, but sometime they are just too hard for me or the flavor isn't right. Anyhow, Betty Crocker gingerbread mix is definitely sometime to try. Especially for those of you that love warm cookies out of the oven.

Recipe: (on the back of the box)
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 tablespoons of melted butter 
1/4 cup water




A Christmas cookie favorite

Pre heat oven at 375 degrees. I use a cookie sheet with foil and then spray cooking spray on foil. In a medium bowl, add flour, butter, water and the boxed mix. Mix well. (I use a fork to make sure that its all mixed, it will be gooey.) Then, powder you hands with flour and start rolling the dough in inch size balls. Pat down the dough balls. When you are finished, and the oven is ready cook for 8-10 minutes. Don't over cook. Place on the cooling rack after two minutes, I would sneak me a cookie at this time. They are so awesome warm.  
Cook for 8-10 minutes. Only.. don't over cook.
Roll out and pat down



Soft and fluffy! with the a great ginger taste.

Cool variety of marigold I grew this year.

1 comment:

  1. I will post a garden update, soon!! Everything is growing great.

    ReplyDelete